Post Thanks / Like

Re: CA aqueduct and San Joaquin River report

Forgot to mention. As soon as we were setting up shop the Warden came by. She was a very nice young lady, I think her name was Meghan. Very polite, and she actually told us about some spots to check out along the aqueduct and mendota canal. She did not even ask to check my license. Definitely a positive experience with fish and wildlife, and I figured they could use a good plug.

2. Likes monkey916, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bnjrmyn View Post
    Good times with the young ones. I was about their age the first time my grandfather took me and my brother fishing. It definately stuck with both if us.
    I have a boy due to be born in July, I really looked forward to taking him camping and fishing just like you’ve done. Cheers

Congrats on the little one on the way. I have been taking my son Greyson fishing since he was about 3.5/4 years old. He loves it, and we both love the father and son time. As soon as we get done he wants to know when we can go again. Enjoy the time with your little when he arrives because like every one says it goes by fast, too fast. Congrats!!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go dad. Could have been marlin and the kids probably wouldn't have known the difference.

Well done.

5. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good times with the young ones. I was about their age the first time my grandfather took me and my brother fishing. It definately stuck with both if us.
    I have a boy due to be born in July, I really looked forward to taking him camping and fishing just like you’ve done. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I drive by pretty regularly. Father in law lives in Turlock.
    Would be nice to drop a line in that area. Should also be great bass there.

Post Thanks / Like

CA aqueduct and San Joaquin River report

Went camping down in Patterson this weekend. Decided to take some kids fishing

Saturday 5/26/18 fished the aqueduct from 10-1pm. Set the rods up over the bridge. The two other adults and I started talking. The two other kids were messing around. Greyson, my son, was apparently the only one paying attention. Suddenly we here him yell. One of the rods is halfway over the rail. He reaches out just in time to snare the handle before it goes over. He grabs and sets the hook. Fights it for a little while before he hands it off to Nico. It was Nico’s first time fishing. We ended up catching a nice 20in striper. Kids were stoked. Dad’s were stoked. I was super stoked. Not only did we catch a keeper but Greyson saved the day.

Sunday 5/2/18

Fished the San Joaquin River in Patterson. Caught one small sunfish and one soft shell turtle. That was a first for me. Fished 9-1pm.

Great weather. Great time fishing!

Last edited by gmdcdvm; 05-28-2018 at 07:40 PM.