Thread: Hogan Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hogan Lake

I was up there last week and got one casting a crank bait near shore by wrinkle cove. There were a bunch of bank anglers who said the striper were boiling in the coves the previous evening from 1800-1930 and they got a few throwing flukes. Hopefully with this warm weather they find the bait and start boiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Went up last week and nothing going on They are not schooled up yet. Did get one trolling a rapala but that was it. Went all over the lake looking for fish you would see one here and one there on the Graph. May try again next week. I know last year it was early but looks like it will not be that way this year.

I went Saturday afternoon for a couple hours and found the exact same thing. Not schooled up yet, a fish here and there at all different depths on the graph and not much bait. Trolled at all different depths for nada. Surface temp was 76, and the water was pretty stained with algae floating everywhere. Could be July before trolling becomes effective and into August before we see any fishable boils. Bait and wait might be the best bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Went up last week and nothing going on They are not schooled up yet. Did get one trolling a rapala but that was it. Went all over the lake looking for fish you would see one here and one there on the Graph. May try again next week. I know last year it was early but looks like it will not be that way this year.

4. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was just wondering the same thing...was looking thru pics on my phone from last spring and had a bunch of em from hogan that started in mid may...was thinkin bout headin up there this weekend(I usually fish under lights overnight and stay thru morning hoping to get into boils)..will post a report if I make it up there

6. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hogan Lake

Anything happening at Hogan?