Post Thanks / Like

Re: American River Advice

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    Go into the river and lift up rocks. Look for soft shell crawfish. Rig and cast. The striper in the AR are suckers for soft shells crawfish.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this...stripers can't resist them in the AR...I wouldn't walk too far from your rod after it's set.

Post Thanks / Like

Go into the river and lift up rocks. Look for soft shell crawfish. Rig and cast. The striper in the AR are suckers for soft shells crawfish.

3. Likes Mauldin, chubbswheeler liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    I know there are resident stripers in the AR but when do they start migrating into the river...spring or fall??
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

5. Likes Mauldin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there are resident stripers in the AR but when do they start migrating into the river...spring or fall??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen!!
    So I have fished the American River for years now but only for salmon. I want to try my luck at Striper fishing. I know nothing when it comes to fishing this river for Striper lol. I'm also in a position where I am still learning how to read the river. So please simple answer please. I don't ever ask for exact locations and I am not going to start now. If you can give me general locations I will try and scout it myself; as long as its not to difficult to get to (was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis @ 38 years old smh). I generally will try dead or artificial baits.

Thanks!!
    Look for deep holes and eddies. Fish very first or very last light.

8. Likes MVP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

American River Advice

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen!!
    So I have fished the American River for years now but only for salmon. I want to try my luck at Striper fishing. I know nothing when it comes to fishing this river for Striper lol. I'm also in a position where I am still learning how to read the river. So please simple answer please. I don't ever ask for exact locations and I am not going to start now. If you can give me general locations I will try and scout it myself; as long as its not to difficult to get to (was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis @ 38 years old smh). I generally will try dead or artificial baits.

Thanks!!