Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a little help with Alpine Lake

It has been a couple of years,but always had good luck following with a silver kastmaster or a fly with a piece of worm about 75 feet back. Usually stuck to the tree line side to the cove opposite the dam . While making the turn thru the cove, be ready !!! Have fun ....love that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent many summers at Lake Alpine, my family owned/owns quite a bit of property around Ganns Meadow. You can anchor and bait fish right off the bottom near the dam in 40-45 feet of water, chart powerbait is a killer, and don't forgot balls of fire and a mini mallow, I know it's old school but it works there. You can troll in the mornings and evenings, small triple teasers will work well, you probably won't have to fish deep, even top line during those hours. The creek below the damn is chocked full of brookies, but also big black mosquitoes that actually hurt when they bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gary bethel View Post
    Kids own a place at Bear Valley and I need to take grandsons fishing in Alpine Lake which is only about 5 miles from the house. They know nothing about fishing so can't help with info. Wanted to go May or early June, but problems prevented going. House and dog sitters unavailable. Now I expect to go Sept or Oct. I have boat with down riggers and the rest of the goodies. First - is there a good fish population, and secondly - how and where and with what would be a good way to fish that time of year? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Try Spicer Meadows. You can topline most any small spoons. Lots of stickups in the water so watch your balls.

Post Thanks / Like

Need a little help with Alpine Lake

Kids own a place at Bear Valley and I need to take grandsons fishing in Alpine Lake which is only about 5 miles from the house. They know nothing about fishing so can't help with info. Wanted to go May or early June, but problems prevented going. House and dog sitters unavailable. Now I expect to go Sept or Oct. I have boat with down riggers and the rest of the goodies. First - is there a good fish population, and secondly - how and where and with what would be a good way to fish that time of year? Thanks for any help you can give me.