Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rigging worms

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rigging worms

You might be overinflating them. It only takes a couple of pumps to fill them up with enough air. If you keep pumping thinking the whole worm is going to expand it usually has a blow out and then air won't hold. So think less is more in this case.

Once you get the hang of it you won't have any more issues. You can also use power bait or power eggs ran up the line to help float it. Some of the flotation balls used for salmon fishing will work too.

Good luck...

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    There are so many You tubes on how to do that they are fun to watch. You might just take a look at those, it really is too easy. I would also suggest you make sure there is no blockage in the needle or leaks that do not allow the air to pass into the worm. I inject mine just below the ring and I thread the worm with a worm thread'er to keep the air in. Anything else that floats can be added but the idea is just to have the worm lift your hook and line, maybe your set up is too heavy to lift........Jetspray
    Nice advice

Post Thanks / Like

Easiest way is just put a few drops of super glue in the container a couple of days before you use them . They'll eat the dirt and the super glue will seal their butts !!! Tightlines or Butts BF

4. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Rigging worms

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    Ahh, there's a very small bag of butt plugs in that inflator kit that you need to install into the worms butt. Don't worry about the mouth, they can't burp..
    Butt Plugs, "now that's funny right there I don't care who you are"........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many You tubes on how to do that they are fun to watch. You might just take a look at those, it really is too easy. I would also suggest you make sure there is no blockage in the needle or leaks that do not allow the air to pass into the worm. I inject mine just below the ring and I thread the worm with a worm thread'er to keep the air in. Anything else that floats can be added but the idea is just to have the worm lift your hook and line, maybe your set up is too heavy to lift........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Use a finer needle (you can get them for free in San Francisco). Inject the air at both ends.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

9. Likes Jetspray, LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillFlanagan View Post
    What is the best way to float worms off the bottom? I got one of those worm inflators but the worm doesn’t seem to hold the air, as the moment I put it in the water in sinks. Are there any other ways to float worms off the bottom? Any tips and suggestions are welcome!
    Ahh, there's a very small bag of butt plugs in that inflator kit that you need to install into the worms butt. Don't worry about the mouth, they can't burp..

Post Thanks / Like

I have chimed in more than once on this over the years. There are 2 or 3 different brands of styrofoam balls out there. The shape and size of a large salmon egg and in a variety of colors. They are great for floating most types of baits off the bottom. I will normally thread one onto the hook and all the way up to my line before hooking my worm, dough bait , or whatever onto the hook. Works like a champ and are very inexpensive. Try it I think you will be surprised how well they work.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best way to float worms off the bottom? I got one of those worm inflators but the worm doesn’t seem to hold the air, as the moment I put it in the water in sinks. Are there any other ways to float worms off the bottom? Any tips and suggestions are welcome!
    I've heard of guys injecting bait oils. Their proof of concept is that oil floats in water, but I have never tried. I've also seen guys use marshmallows or 2 or 3 power/gulp eggs to float a worm. It it looks kinda clunky to me but I've seen it work. I use a micro insulin syringe to inject air because the micro sized puncture seals back up nicely. I also make sure to inject plenty of air so the worm balloons when filled.

13. Likes honksrworkn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marshmellow rig....

https://www.google.com/search?q=marc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Catch ya later ... hooks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast