Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water temperature

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    As summer heats up water temperature Rises.

Lakes like Comanche I imagine the trout head towards the coolest part of the lake.

I'm just guessing that the coolest part of the lake would be the original river Channel.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this.
    Yep you are correct. And trolling over the original channel is where you want to be. The water there is around 100’ , a little deeper when the lake is full and shallower as the lake drops. Although even in mid summer I haven’t had to go much deeper for trout than 50’. I know people who have caught kokes there and for those they have been down close to the bottom. They don’t plant kokes in Camanche but some kokes get washed down from Pardee.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

2. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    When it gets too warm for surface feeding the fish just hunker down. These are the dog days, mid July through early September. This typically only affects lakes that turn over. Typically the first thing you'll notice is a shorter and earlier morning bite and a later evening bite.
    Yes I know and Comanche per se it's a winter Lake.

And I know you have to go deep to find a cold water where the trout may hang out.

I can walk out my door hook up my boat.... Be on the lake with a pole in the water in 30 minutes.

Some mornings just feel like going for a boat ride..

Might as well try catching something while I'm doing it.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

When it gets too warm for surface feeding the fish just hunker down. These are the dog days, mid July through early September. This typically only affects lakes that turn over. Typically the first thing you'll notice is a shorter and earlier morning bite and a later evening bite.

5. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Water temperature

As summer heats up water temperature Rises.

Lakes like Comanche I imagine the trout head towards the coolest part of the lake.

I'm just guessing that the coolest part of the lake would be the original river Channel.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this.