Post Thanks / Like

Re: pyramid 6-11 18

Congrats on an epic day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captbruce View Post
    I guess I can throw the guts in the trash with all the other garbage, I don't know it all.
    Usually, when I have questions about the regs I just ask the tribal cops. They're all pretty good folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I can throw the guts in the trash with all the other garbage, I don't know it all.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

the way I read it gutting is ok,
    Only at Crosby's Lodge cleaning station. That's why it's there. If you clean them in the lake it is considered chumming. If you have a RV or Trailer with holding tanks and can get rid of the guts down the garbage disposer then you're ok to do that but you can't dump gray or black water anywhere on the reservation except at the cleanout stations. Do you see it now. Everyone cleans at Crosby's or at home.

Post Thanks / Like

the way I read it gutting is ok,

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Capt. Bruce, my first post, we launched on the beach [14'] hit some points and Kim hooked a big one after a great fight I got his head in my dinky net, Wow, I've been fishing for over 60yrs and never seen a trout near this big or fat, just a little over 20lb. Ten min. later I get my biggest ever 13lber a dink next to her's, than we released about 10 more. water was 69deg we mainly fished between 30 and 45ft deep on the rigers, we used large rainbow spoons. Went back to camper beached boat for the nite [I know better] woke up at 2am to pounding surf, of course boat is sunk, can't pull it out with truck so back to bed, about 9am the surf slows down , bailed it out dried it out and it stared second pull, not bad for a 30 year old Evenrude, wind stayed up so went home, Kim gutted the fish I said check the stomach out pops a 15" trout in great shape, my fish had 3 anchove sized I think trout, great day ****ty night but all turned out fine. i'll see if I can post pix's. Couldn't get pix's to download I'll try later .
    Folklore say's that the Mother does not like boats on the lakes shore. Given how many she's taken I don't think it's folklore. Congrats on the great fishing. Hope you didn't clean them at the lake, that would be against tribal rules and can get you a fat fine. There's a cleaning station at Crosby's where it is legal to clean your fish but you cannot filet or remove the heads. I know a lot of folks that blow off these rules and I can only say that you get away with what you get away with until you don't. It's up to you but most of us tend to obey the tribal rules to a T if for no other reason than respect for the tribe.

7. Likes okie, chubbswheeler liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You have now got Pyramid in your soul. Congrats on the monster trout.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

9. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

pyramid 6-11 18

Hi Capt. Bruce, my first post, we launched on the beach [14'] hit some points and Kim hooked a big one after a great fight I got his head in my dinky net, Wow, I've been fishing for over 60yrs and never seen a trout near this big or fat, just a little over 20lb. Ten min. later I get my biggest ever 13lber a dink next to her's, than we released about 10 more. water was 69deg we mainly fished between 30 and 45ft deep on the rigers, we used large rainbow spoons. Went back to camper beached boat for the nite [I know better] woke up at 2am to pounding surf, of course boat is sunk, can't pull it out with truck so back to bed, about 9am the surf slows down , bailed it out dried it out and it stared second pull, not bad for a 30 year old Evenrude, wind stayed up so went home, Kim gutted the fish I said check the stomach out pops a 15" trout in great shape, my fish had 3 anchove sized I think trout, great day ****ty night but all turned out fine. i'll see if I can post pix's. Couldn't get pix's to download I'll try later .