Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saturday report...June_16_18 Minor slough

Quote Originally Posted by Grant916 View Post
    Hate to se big pregnant fish not be returned but in reality it happens and is part of the game. I've caught some big fish on small test that took 30 minutes to land. By that time that fish is exhausted and especially if they swallow the hook like the big ones often do it can be hard tomn revive them to the point of offering a safe return to the water. Sometimes you end up keeping them like it or not.

Agreed, stuff happens.... Hopefully it is not the norm for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    Launched out of Minor slough early morning yesterday and fished my usual areas. Caught one keeper trolling the deep channel and one on jigs at the mouth of Minor. Thirteen under size for the morning. Quit about 10am..
    Cleaned one stripe at Garcia's Bend, spoke to a guy cleaning his big stripe. He said there are big stripes on the way out, caught it working the shallows. The stripe he was cleaning had a huge egg sack, looked to be about 1 1/2 lbs...... It was a 30lb. Stripe.
    I almost wish the F&G would put a size limit..... There was probably a thousand eggs ....... I wonder where all the stripers are.....I know, I know, but that adds to it.

Out

😞🐟

Hate to se big pregnant fish not be returned but in reality it happens and is part of the game. I've caught some big fish on small test that took 30 minutes to land. By that time that fish is exhausted and especially if they swallow the hook like the big ones often do it can be hard tomn revive them to the point of offering a safe return to the water. Sometimes you end up keeping them like it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Can't wait until fall striper season again!

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday report...June_16_18 Minor slough

Launched out of Minor slough early morning yesterday and fished my usual areas. Caught one keeper trolling the deep channel and one on jigs at the mouth of Minor. Thirteen under size for the morning. Quit about 10am..
    Cleaned one stripe at Garcia's Bend, spoke to a guy cleaning his big stripe. He said there are big stripes on the way out, caught it working the shallows. The stripe he was cleaning had a huge egg sack, looked to be about 1 1/2 lbs...... It was a 30lb. Stripe.
    I almost wish the F&G would put a size limit..... There was probably a thousand eggs ....... I wonder where all the stripers are.....I know, I know, but that adds to it.

Out

😞🐟