Post Thanks / Like

Re: SF Gate reports and depth

Happy 4th!

Heading back out to the salmon ground Thur/Fri. Anyone have any info on the schools? I heard to the south that the Jellyfish moved in real thick? Figure I’ll just stick to the Muir to Dux if that is confirmed.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks promising

Post Thanks / Like

short of limits yesterday but managed to put in some nice 17 18 lbers. Lots more shaker action to the north. Will be heading south on thur/fri

4. Likes wapiti2005 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredible fishing! Launched boat at 11:30 am. Had 2 sea sick with in 10 minutes of dropping lines. Caught 4 limits in 1 hour 10 minutes up to 26 lbs.. back at dock by 4:00 pm. Crazy action 2 doubles and a fish before I could ever get all 4 downriggers down. 50ft otw. All fish full of anchovies.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Yesterday on a party boat out of HMB, the Hulicat. They fished tight into Pedro Point, early limits for 11, back in the dock at noon. Silver Apex at 35 pulls was the hot lure, better than bait, nice grade of fish up to 29lbs. RAY
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”

7. Likes WhopperStopper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sunday off of Muir in 50'-60'. 35-45 pulls. Limits for 6 by 14:00. UV flashers in the morning under the marine layer and chartreuse/plaid when the sun came out. RSK, FBR, Krocodile, and Brads Superbaits. Very nice grade of fish with only 3 being small keepers.

9. Likes monkey916 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help Queens. Looks like seas are going to be a little sloppy. Probably have to stay on Marin school although Friends are out today (73 ft yacht) Only 2 in the box. They started on Marin and moved out toward West Buoy. Got the fish there but said they are now battling Jellyfish.

11. Likes mrmike130s, monkey916 liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the school you hit
    Before the weekend blow the krill fish(channel buoys- south islands) were 20-40' otw this fishing was bananas and guys were hookingnup on the surface while trying to deploy downriggers so take that for what it's worth.
    Guys are also catching fish down south on squid spawns in the mud
    The Marin bite. Smaller grade, working anchovies from 20-50' Theres lots of dinks and coho on the marin side so have a good dehooker and if your dragging balls put your weight on the 2nd notch or run a diver.
    Blowdega is all over the board, in tight fish were deeper out in 40-50 fathoms their up top.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

13. Likes WhopperStopper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a few miles outside the gate today along with maybe 50+++ other boats and had 5 limits by 11am.

Post Thanks / Like

SF Gate reports and depth

Heading out on Wed and Thur this week. Thur looks a bit windy maybe staying in for stripers and halibut on that day. Just curious where anyone is finding the action? I’ve heard everywhere... west buoy, deep reef HMB, even in close by Muir. Not exactly sure which direction I want to start? Also how deep are you guys catching them? Bottom... suspended?

Just got home from vacation so haven’t been able to join in the fun. I’ll report back on Friday