Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rio Vista Area stripers

Great point Seon. When I bait fish that area I try to anchor right on the edge of the Deep water shipping channel. That puts a person generall out of the trolling lanes.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    ... Try trolling from Sandy beaches on down past the old dairy.troll... for bait try those same places

But please try not to anchor in the trolling lanes .
    29' Yukon Delta Yamaha F115
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator Yamaha F150

3. Likes Waterdog, redneckpunk, Bret1972 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always find some resident striper around RV. Try trolling from Sandy beaches on down past the old dairy.troll the inside of Decker Is. Those are only 2 places, there are a hundred more. For bait try those same places and down at the power lines and Chain Is. Also for trolling or bait Steamboat slough can be productive too. Lots of places on the SJ, especially shoal areas.
    Per Windfinder.com the winds on Sunday on the water around RV between 5:00am and 2:00pm will only be between 5 to 9 mph. Increasing to 22 mph later in the day.
    Tight lines
    Last edited by Waterdog; 06-30-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

5. Likes TBSP, Stickman, Bret1972 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing Rio Vista Pier, I have been knocking them out. The bait of choice was anchovies, I started throwing a small grub and I was even getting bites on that. In my opinion, its as hot as it could be.

7. Likes Bret1972 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the Rio Vista area for some time, but there are always some stripes around, though they may be small.
    My solution to that is use smaller rods and reels.... Make it fun when you do catch them.
    We were out last Saturday in the heavy winds, working the area between 3 mile Slough and the Antioch bridge. We picked up three keepers up to 3 lbs. And a whole lot of undersized. I actually didn't mind the Gusty winds because they made the 100 * temp feel a little better. Water temp in the area is 70*f.

I'm going with a friend tomorrow to fish an area i haven't covered in about thirteen years. I'm thinking Blackbass, but we'll see. If we do any good, I'll post.

Good luck on your outing.

9. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rio Vista Area stripers

Any stripers being caught around Rio Vista Area this time of year? The bay is too blown out for me to go for Halibut Sunday, and San Pablo reservoir trout aren’t biting. Just trying to figure out where to go Sunday within an hour drive from home. Where can I take my boat to get some stripers or trout?
    It’s better to be fishing and thinking about God then to be in church thinking about fishing.