Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7-6-18 Rio vista / 3 mile slough

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Good report. Thanks for the info. I was thinking of heading to the RV area Tuesday but now think I may troll for trout at Camanche or Pardee instead.
    Especially with today being the free fishing day, I'm pretty sure the rivers are going to be hammered by a lot of people.

- BD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7-6-18 Rio vista / 3 mile slough

Good report. Thanks for the info. I was thinking of heading to the RV area Tuesday but now think I may troll for trout at Camanche or Pardee instead.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

7-6-18 Rio vista / 3 mile slough

Drifted live minnows from 6 am-noon, went from the powerlines through 3-mile slough and didn't even get a bite. The river was super nice and not too windy, which made for some nice drifts. Hovered between 15 and 25 ft of water bouncing them off the bottom, with the fish finder saying temps were hovering in the 72 - 74 degree range. Saw a LOT of boats out on the water ranging from trollers to bait soakers, but didn't see anyone have any stringers hanging overboard or hookups. It looked like it was a slow day all around for everyone.

- BD

4. Likes Waterdog, Katch, nayr liked this post