Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thursday in the delta

Quote Originally Posted by sollimes View Post
    Thanks for the report!

I fished for an hour 6:30-7:30pm, kaught several dinks and two small keepers all on TW. Should get better soon.

Great looking topwater bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Bn, looks to be getting better all the time. I fished the same basic area as you but did this last Saturday, except we stayed on the east side of the bridge. Hooked about 25 - 30 dinks, most of them Spoons. We did get some trolling. The wind was very hard in the morning as it usually is for me. Most of our fish came off the shoals. Some were shallow trolling about 8ft., but most were on the drop from 8 to 25ft.. You still have to move around to find them. Our three keepers were 7, & 6 lbs, and the smaller one at 19 inches. The water temp and clarity was about the same as you reported.

OK out

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!

I fished for an hour 6:30-7:30pm, kaught several dinks and two small keepers all on TW. Should get better soon.

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

4. Likes C U FISHING, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the detail report. I was wondering with colder weather in the morning feeling like Fall if the Stripers has came it yet. Hopefully in another couple of weeks we should be getting them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday in the delta

Trolled SJ main river east of Antioch bridge for 4 shorts to 16 inches. Was trolling 2 rattletraps in 6-8 ft of water.
    Stopped in two places on the main river and spooned up a couple more shaker stripes as well as a small black bass.
    Started getting windy so tried some casting and spooning in dutch slough for several more baby black bass and a bunch of diaper stripers.
    Wind became an annoyance by noon, even in the slough. Couldn’t find any fish with size all day.
    But still a really nice day on the water. Saw a guy at the ramp who had a nice looking limit, said he was drifting live minnows.
    Winds were 0-5 most of the outing but picked up toward the end. Water temp was 68 on the main river. Clarity was 1-2 ft on the main river, but crystal clear in dutch, I could see my spoon at least 6 ft down. Next time I’ll try and troll more.
    Cheers.