Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suisun slough's - Best times?

Great! Thanks a lot for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suisun slough's - Best times?

plenty of info on this right here on the forum, but here's another good place to start:

http://bassjack.com/stripers.htm

for advice on suisun in particular, its my home waters and ive been fishing them since i was a kid. one thing to keep in mind is that the water is more brackish and murky than the more clear and fresher waters as you make your way east into the delta, so your best bet to get a feel for the area is to dunk bait. live or frozen, it's a great way to get into some action year round. that's not to say that you cant throw lures, but if you do, go with something that moves water or makes noise like a rattle trap or a virbating jig.

try the hours before and after the top and bottom of each tide, timing is everything. food luck

3. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Suisun slough's - Best times?

I'm a lifelong fisherman though pretty dang new to striper fishing. I've always fished for trout, so the 'bite' is always determined by the time of day (dawn & dusk). Fishing in the sloughs seems to be all about the tide though and time of day doesn't seem to matter (or am I wrong?). Everything I read says something different regarding best times to catch stripers from the shore.

So what's best? High tide? Low? Rising? Falling? I've noticed I get a fair amount of bites about two hours before high tide, but I havent gone fishing enough to comfirm if that's true or if it's just how the cards have fallen thus far.

Or is fishing in the slough's just.. 'whenever'?

Thanks for any advice