Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid opening day

Good job guys I was just behind you.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    There were 8 rigs ahead of me when I got there at 5AM. The rangers showed up about 5:45AM and started the launching. I was on the water at 6AM. Went pretty fast for me. No inspections.
    Thanks for the info Don, I suspected they would only do traffic control. But you never know......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

There were 8 rigs ahead of me when I got there at 5AM. The rangers showed up about 5:45AM and started the launching. I was on the water at 6AM. Went pretty fast for me. No inspections.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes Jetspray, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty looking fish Don, I agree on the radio, I use a portable to listen and when I hear something I turn on the main radio to communicate. How was the launch and traffic? Were there any officers there or did they even do any inspections? Thanks....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

The radio was on all day and we did hear chatter now and then. Bill did a radio check and got a reply but no answer on their location. Did hear chatter from Blockhouse. Don't know if we can transmit that far. 6 watt doesn't reach out that far. A 25/50 watt with an eight foot tuned antenna, emphasis on tuned antenna, would do better. kkoh/780am broadcasts with 50,000 watts from Reno as an example. lol ... Marine band radios are line of sight also which doesn't help.

I have reception on my Verizon phone in the Pelican area but none at 9 Mile beach.

It was a good day all in all. Had fun chatting with Bill, catching fish, trying to figure out why my engine dies when at slow speed for trolling. I think it's the carb.

All slot fish except for the three Bill mentioned. Lyman Bloody Frog and Green/White ladder back 4", Mag Lip Bloody Frog 3.5"

27"...7.3lbs

DSCN1103.jpg

DSCN1090.jpgDSCN1096.jpgDSCN1089.jpg
    Catch ya later ... hooks

7. Likes MKE, Jetspray liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing guys. I'll give the shore a try Tuesday. I'll be happy with one.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Most radios especially hand held types do not fair very well on Pyramid. As far a phones Verizon works best. Looks like you all had a great opener anyway......Jetspray

10. Likes hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iln143 View Post
    I fished the opener also! I put my kayak in at 9 mile. Warriors was packed. At least 60 people there, so I headed towards The willows and monument. Caught 27 2 were over 24 inches. Great day. Tried to call you guy a few times. I guess we were to far apart.IMG_1153.jpgIMG_1154.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1159.jpg
    Yes, we were mostly along south of the launch ramp to south of separator, went just short of pelican point and back to the dock.
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the opener also! I put my kayak in at 9 mile. Warriors was packed. At least 60 people there, so I headed towards The willows and monument. Caught 27 2 were over 24 inches. Great day. Tried to call you guy a few times. I guess we were to far apart.IMG_1153.jpgIMG_1154.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1159.jpg
    Lund 18 Fisherman, Mercury 115 4 stroke, Mercury 9.9 4 stroke kicker, Minn kota 24 volt, 2 Scotty electric DR......Fish beware!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid opening day

Hit the mid today with hooks, we landed 24, I think I got
    4 of them. Don't know what he puts on his lures, but
    anything he puts in the water the fish take it. We had 2
    about 18" and he landed a beautiful 27".
    thanks Don for a wonderful opening day, hope the rest of the
    season is just as good.
    be safe