Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFW Mother Lode Trout Stocking

Lots of good conversation on this thread, but unless you express your concerns to DFW better put away the shad and needle fish and dust off the crank baits and rubber worms.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    I love Lahontans but they can't compete with other trout. Don't fight as well as Bows. Their eating quality is not as good. They are too aggressive and are easily caught. They do well in Pyramid but they stock 1,000,000 fish a year and have catch restrictions.

CC
    Well I've never fished pyramid. My experience with the lahontans is from a lake up highway 4 and Crowley. The Crowley lahontans are amazing eating, and fighters, the bows in there jump more but I think the cutts pull harder.

I was joking about putting them in Melones, but not Kings, I think they should put kings in there.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Lahontans but they can't compete with other trout. Don't fight as well as Bows. Their eating quality is not as good. They are too aggressive and are easily caught. They do well in Pyramid but they stock 1,000,000 fish a year and have catch restrictions.

CC
    Yep and they have plenty of food sources and the Truckee River flowing into the lake. Also a bunch of areas that are off limits to fishing......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    If that's the way you feel, how about "hell with browns" give us big bad ass lahontans.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's the way you feel, how about "hell with browns" give us big bad ass lahontans.
    I can do that for sure .that be really something sweeeet!!!!!!

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

And for decades non-sterile fish have been planted. There is a wild breeding population of browns, rainbows and kokanee there.

I WISH they'd put kings in her, historically they were there.
    don`t be surprised if they start planting Stripers in Melones like they did Hogan. That would be the happy medium to replace trout period!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    hell with rainbows . Give us Big badass Browns with teeth galore .that are breeders and fighters and will take on bass anytime anywhere..

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Not much reproduction among the rainbows.

CC
    hell with rainbows . Give us Big badass Browns with teeth galore .that are breeders and fighters and will take on bass anytime anywhere..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieTee View Post
    I thought they planted sterile trout there.

And for decades non-sterile fish have been planted. There is a wild breeding population of browns, rainbows and kokanee there.

I WISH they'd put kings in her, historically they were there.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly Dan. Moonbeam don't fish. The government is controlled by the major urban areas. Few fishermen here. The counties where the major fishing opportunities exist have little power. If you are a fly fisherman who supports catch and release fishing with severe fishing restrictions for "wild" trout in limited access areas than Cal Trout is for you else they are not the trout fisherman's friend.

CC
    Good point and don`t forget our License fees goes up and up and is the Most expensive n the entire USA and for those that have money would rather spend what they have elsewhere than waste it knowing that it is all about just getting your hook wet and nothing else . fees will increase as we loose fisherman or future interest in fishing as well as more resources that should go into the fisheries , like you said,, Moonbeam don`t fish and Newsom i`m sure does not Fish and if Cox Wins the Governors seat what make you think he even fishes??? or gives a raps ass . what we need is a Outdoors man in Sacrament and Whats the chance of that happenning??.............. slim and None !

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast