Post Thanks / Like

Re: How is Pyramid doing?

The neighbor wanted to go out and try Fly fishing at Pyramid the other day, so I figured, why not.
    Last time I looked the weatherman said 60* and 4mph winds at the most.

After a few things to do the cars hit the road at noon and we were on out way to the south end of the lake.
    When we got there I noticed that the weather was NOT any thing like what the news said it would be, or the last boating trip.

Need I say a brisk North wind with small white caps, on the lake at the South end, after miles of travel.
    My light coat did not really help out that much and I left my gloves at home, thinking the warm air would
    make for a nice outing.
    Wrong...........

The earlier fly fishermen had been getting into fish but this late start put me in the stink hole and I
    forgot one very important thing, with my getting old. I forgot to check one thing out.

Yep, you got it............. A FULL MOON !!

I fished for four hours before I threw in the towel and headed to the heater of my car and the trip home.

I was using some new barbless midge hooks and ties, with a hope of at least one take, to see if any
    new pattern was worth keeping. Guess it will just have to keep until a nice day with eager trout.

I did run into a four guys that were down from Idaho, that made passing the time a little easier with
    chit chat to pass the time.

Later.

2. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Business is picking up for sure. We got onto them early morning and late afternoon with a few mid day. Big one was almost 15# and a dozen or so between 5#-8#. Beatles and buggers!

4. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been slower the last few weeks for me. The last time I went I fished two different spots for a skunk not even a bite. Most of my fish this year have been on beatles with some on buggers and midges. Good luck out there!

6. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Pyramid doing?

Been busy with family things and trips plus the little lady wants a new table and chairs which means
    more store shopping time.

Have yet to clean and set up new line/leaders of fresh materials for this season on my fly reels but
    the trout should start to be getting closer to shore now and am looking forward to "Big Tugs" again.

Will also tie up a few new Scuds, nymphs I dreamed up and some "Standard" stuff to try out while
    either stripping or using with an indicator.

You need not post locations but it would be nice to know if they are in the shallows now in larger numbers
    vs the low numbers that usually come with the first of the year waters.
    Just glad that the lake turned over and the water should be warming up now with the longer day light, on it.

If and when I get out, I will post what worked along with the time.
    Later.