Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie to Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie to Bass

Hi - fellow newbie here! I actually went out for my first official freshwater trip this week and hooked into my first bass. Also wasn't big but it was super fun. Fished saltwater for several years but freshwater is definitely a different challenge.

So far the only tool in my arsenal is the weightless Texas-rigged Senko. It seemed to do the trick in the morning, but wasn't getting any bites once mid-day hit. I'd also like to try topwater as the bodies of water I'm planning to visit all have fairly heavy cover with tules and duckweed.

What's a good beginner topwater bait to try? Ideally as weedless as possible to avoid hang up frustration for a newbie. Spinner bait? Frogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie to Bass

My favorite Youtube channel is Realistic Fishing. He has his page well organized to learn different methods as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie to Bass

Hey all,
    I have been mainly a trout fisher most of my life, but have been out of the game for a few years. A few weeks ago, while on a camping trip at New Hogan with the family, a few of us decided last minute to get a fishing license and toss some lures around in the mornings/evenings. Well, I hooked into my first bass and now Im hooked! It was a dinker, probably just over a pound, but man was it fun to catch after all these years.
    I went out and hit Niles pond in Fremont last night for about an hour. Tried dropshotting and topwater. Got nothing, as expected. Hundreds of little baby bass swimming all over buy the dock.

Im not a newb to fishing, but definetly to bass fishing. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

See ya on the boards!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12