Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flaming Gorge 8-05-2019

Once again another great day OTW at the Gorge.

Kokanee limits in the cooler and spending the day with a friend.

The Kokanee wall hanger will come.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Sounded like a great day of fishing.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

Hook Flaming Gorge 8-05-2019

I picked up my partner 0430 heading to Strawberry and as we approached the I-80 east/west split from I-84 out of Ogden we made a quick decision to reroute to the Gorge. It only adds one more hour of driving time to the 2 planned but this time we got hung up at 2 short stops at Wyoming AIS inspection stations. The first one at the Port of Entry on I-80, not to often I stop here since they are not usually opened at 0430 when I normally come thru. We came thru at a much later time and had to stop for an inspection. The older lady that appeared to be near senior age had a very nice attitude and friendly with us older geezers. The next AIS inspection stop was when we crossed over into Wyoming the 2nd time on our way up to Buckboard, this time we encountered an old geezer that either didn't get a enough of a caffeine fix yet or he was ready for a cold one. Our paperwork from the 1st inspection made it easy for him to jot down to his notes.
    On to fishing, it was a nice cool comfortable morning with a breeze coming thru the boat. Surface water had a somewhat strong ripple but no white caps and temperature at 72. The first koke I caught was near 3 1/2-4lbs and red. I decided to immediately release this spawner with no problem. I keep hoping for one in full dark red color more nearer to 5lbs so I can submit for a wall hanger, my day will come and it could be closer as the end of August on towards mid September when kokanee fishing closes. As the morning progressed the breeze layed down yielding to calm seas. We had to work for our limit of 3ea but we did it with largest at 2 1/2lbs. The rest were nearer the 2lb class. What was surprising we usually catch a laker pup or 2 but this trip didn't yield anything outside of kokes. By 1400 we were off the water just in time as a summer storm on the horizon was heading our way. Not many boats were out but those who saw the dark cloud coming in scampered to get off the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

5. Likes compaddict, Katch, RideNfish, lovefishing liked this post