Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone have experience with castable fish finders (specifically iBobber)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I got and IBobber as a gift a year ago. It will only work in areas that have a strong, clear internet connection. I wanted to use it when bank fishing in the Sierras so it was pretty much useless. When I don't fish the Sierras, I take to the delta in my boat for striped bass. My boat has a good sonar unit, so that IBobber has been on the shelf after one fruitless outing.
    If I remember correctly that is the reason I chose the deeper over the ibobber. The deeper creates its own WiFi signal so it works anywhere and everywhere. And WiFi provides better strength and connectivity than Bluetooth which some other castable, bobber types use. There are also 4 different deeper models with pricing corresponding to features.

Post Thanks / Like

I got and IBobber as a gift a year ago. It will only work in areas that have a strong, clear internet connection. I wanted to use it when bank fishing in the Sierras so it was pretty much useless. When I don't fish the Sierras, I take to the delta in my boat for striped bass. My boat has a good sonar unit, so that IBobber has been on the shelf after one fruitless outing.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I was also considering an ibobber. After extensive research I bought the Deeper Pro which seemed to have fewer problems and better reviews. I have used it from shore and also used it trolling in my small boat not equipped with sonar. Cannot comment on the ibobber but I am quite pleased with the Deeper Pro and recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Rybak View Post
    I'm a bank fisherman. I have been considering a castable fish finder and have my eyes on getting an iBobber. I don't need anything special with expensive maps. I just want to determine water depth, cover, bottom topography, and fish presence (bait and gamefish). Would love some thoughts if you've ever tried one or any other castable fish finder.
    2 summers ago I took one with me to Ontario, Canada, for walleye fishing. We had Lodge boats with no sonar of any kind. The water there is very stained and the portable unit was very helpful understanding depth and structure. I used it slow trolling and casting from an anchored boat.

5. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have experience with castable fish finders (specifically iBobber)?

I'm a bank fisherman. I have been considering a castable fish finder and have my eyes on getting an iBobber. I don't need anything special with expensive maps. I just want to determine water depth, cover, bottom topography, and fish presence (bait and gamefish). Would love some thoughts if you've ever tried one or any other castable fish finder.

7. Likes Paintguy liked this post