Post Thanks / Like

Re: hotel california

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    I should have been clear about the regrets which is not me, my sons wish they can leave.
    Most of my side of the family lived in my neighborhood in Sacramento. With closure of McClellan AFB I had to move on to finish out my career. Dad passed on in 06', from 2012-2018 my dog went, my mom & 3 siblings all too young, I have only 1 bro left very little to no contact with him. So we have to entice our kids to make more visits to Utah. Both of my sons are native Utahns born here in Ogden.
    my sister and brother-in-law lived in san jose. he got a job there when he retired from the Navy. when he finally retired they moved to Sun Valley, NV in 95 I think it was. when I retired in 2k we came here to NV. I wanted to
    stay overseas but my wife didn't. almost 30 years of my 40 years working I was overseas, 12 of my 20 in the Navy and for private companies from 4-1 81 til 9-05-2k I worked overseas. I enjoyed every place I worked except
    Midway Island while in the navy. never had a desire to go back to Muskogee.
    be safe
    Last edited by okie; 01-31-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Initially it was why we moved here, to be close to my son and daughter and their families. Son lives down my street about a city block and my daughter lives in South Reno. We have family gatherings from time to time and my wife keeps in contact with them on Facebook. Good luck in the future BDuck……..........Jetspray
    I should have been clear about the regrets which is not me, my sons wish they can leave.
    Most of my side of the family lived in my neighborhood in Sacramento. With closure of McClellan AFB I had to move on to finish out my career. Dad passed on in 06', from 2012-2018 my dog went, my mom & 3 siblings all too young, I have only 1 bro left very little to no contact with him. So we have to entice our kids to make more visits to Utah. Both of my sons are native Utahns born here in Ogden.
    2000 SuperDuty F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Great State of California, Land of the liberals
    Post Thanks / Like

i stayed. my 300k 3 bedroom home that i bought in 2002 is now worth 1.4 million and rising with only a few years of payments left. cha ching! when i sell its gonna fund a really nice fishing boat among other things.

ill prob cash out when it gets around 1.8-2 mil.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: hotel california

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    I'm glad I made my escape in 1997. Unfortunately I had to leave my grown kids behind at the time but that was their decision which regrets have settled in since. Life goes on
    Initially it was why we moved here, to be close to my son and daughter and their families. Son lives down my street about a city block and my daughter lives in South Reno. We have family gatherings from time to time and my wife keeps in contact with them on Facebook. Good luck in the future BDuck……..........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I made my escape in 1997. Unfortunately I had to leave my grown kids behind at the time but that was their decision which regrets have settled in since. Life goes on
    2000 SuperDuty F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: hotel california

Bill it is why I left that state in 2006, but unfortunately we have the same people here trying to do the same. Go downtown Reno and walk the river if you choose to do so, we also have the bums and a plethera of drug/alcohol tent cities. It is the same blight, big news is that a portion of the border wall fell due to high winds, maybe those winds will blow away the blight......but I think it will take a huge national disaster to do that......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes CRABBY, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hotel california

10. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, CRABBY, BDuck, wckid liked this post